Who has been to Dr. Podoll in Germany?

For general information and discussion.
palinopsia20

19 Mar 2012, 12:54 #1

Hello,
i´d like to ask you who has been to Dr. Klaus Podoll in Aachen, Germany for a visitation. Did he help you in some way?

Tective
Regular Visitor

19 Mar 2012, 14:48 #2

Dr. Podoll was doing a survey on Persistant Migraine Aura (PMA) several years ago and used the members of this forum as his subjects. He queried us intimately but has not responded we asked him for the results of his research. Only one or two members of the forum (back then) actually saw him as a patient.

As far as helping us...he lent credibility to our assertions that something physiological was wrong...that the symptoms were not psychological (for most of us). However, he did not provide any cures or any answers.

IanKC
Regular Visitor

19 Mar 2012, 17:14 #3

I met him in Germany a couple of years ago. Aside from writing me a couple of prescriptions (that I already had scripts for), he did not do anything to help me.

Edit: here's a photo of me and him in Aachen, Germany: 

Last edited by IanKC on 19 Mar 2012, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.

Tective
Regular Visitor

19 Mar 2012, 19:13 #4

Ian is the one wearing glasses :-)

palinopsia20

19 Mar 2012, 19:49 #5

Im considering to go to Aachen to visit him (live near Aachen). I already wrote him an email and his secretary but i did not get an answer so far.
Ive been to an eye doctor and a neurologist but they had no clue about trails/afterimages, so i thought podoll would be the next person i should confront with my vision problems :S

IanKC
Regular Visitor

20 Mar 2012, 00:37 #6

palinopsia20 wrote:Im considering to go to Aachen to visit him (live near Aachen). I already wrote him an email and his secretary but i did not get an answer so far.
Which email did you try? Though I'm pretty sure you aren't the only one who hasn't been able to get a hold of him. I'm pretty sure some others have tried recently too. This is the most recent email I have for him: [email protected]
Also his website (
http://www.migraine-aura.org ) has not been updated since 2007.

IanKC
Regular Visitor

20 Mar 2012, 18:49 #8

21stlvlrogue wrote:Ian, did you go to Germany specifically to meet him, or were you just there on vacation?
Actually I was in the Netherlands staying with this girl (my girlfriend at the time). And we decided to drive over to Germany, as I needed a refill on one of my prescriptions, which he gladly wrote me, as I had decided to stay longer over there. 

MarcoPolo
Regular Visitor

23 Apr 2012, 21:28 #9

I also tried to contact dr. Podoll for some days. i had the hope there is a German doctor who unterstands me. but he didn’t answer me. Had dr. Podoll give up his researches? I read he was on this board years ago as ksomething. His Website ws also Updated the last time 2007. I Looks for me he had leave the board without to give a reason. I dont unterstand why he did it.

do anybody know what happend to?