What I believe to be the cause

For general information and discussion.
Urtheanswer

02 Jul 2016, 00:23 #1

Conversion Disorder and/or Somatization.

I am 100 percent convinced. Google and research it.

My symptoms have been dissipating due to success from psychotherapy, and hypnotherapy.

Also, a good video on the successes of hypnotherapy. My success has been more gradual than hers, although significantly better. Its a journey. You will feel better.

Copy amd paste the YouTube link for a ted talk on her conversion disorder success through hypnotherapy.

Definition
By Mayo Clinic Staff
Conversion disorder, also called functional neurological symptom disorder, is a condition in which you show psychological stress in physical ways. The condition was so named to describe a health problem that starts as a mental or emotional crisis — a scary or stressful incident of some kind — and converts to a physical problem.

Mayo Clinic does not endorse companies or products. Advertising revenue supports our not for profit mission.

Advertising & Sponsorship
PolicyOpportunities
For example, in conversion disorder, your leg may become paralyzed after you fall from a horse, even though you weren't physically injured. Conversion disorder signs and symptoms appear with no underlying physical cause, and you can't control them.

Signs and symptoms of conversion disorder typically affect your movement or your senses, such as the ability to walk, swallow, see or hear. Conversion disorder symptoms can vary in severity and may come and go or be persistent. The outcome may be better in younger children than in teenagers and adults. According to some experts, most people get better with immediate and proper management.

Reneeharry

04 Jul 2016, 12:27 #2

Can you offer me more Info on your experience.ive only recently got this condition and went to see a phsycyatrist today and a hypnotherapist. 

Urtheanswer

07 Jul 2016, 03:26 #3

Im glad to hear you are taking the steps to improvement.

I started getting VS a few years ago. I also have had constant very bad after images and blue field entopic.

I suffer from generalized anxiety, multiple attacks a day for years, crazy life events, etc.

I started seeing a counselor and started on a journey to heal my anxiety through hypnotherapy. All of my anxiety symptoms produce themselves subconsciously in physical symptoms. Chest pains, VS, inability to walk, muscle tremors, etc. Ive had tens of ct and cat scans, mris, blood tests, ekgs, seizure tests...you get it. The only thing i have ever been diagnosed with is anxiety disorder.

Counseling and hypnotherapy has changed my life. I forgot the feeling of calm, peace, and joy that I used to. I am getting that back. My constant muscle twitching, thousands of times a day consumed me. Its now nearly non existant. My VS has gotten way better. WAY better. It used to consume every waking second of my life. Now, id honestly say it is 50 percent better. And it doesnt consume me. Its a journey, a work in progress that Im glad I found.

I wish everyone on here would look into it. Nearly everyone on here has anxiety but don't want to accept it.

I got lucky and found a great counselor. Dont know what id do without him.

Reneeharry

07 Jul 2016, 04:35 #4

Thankyou for replying, I feel so alone and no one can help me with this. It all started after a traumatic and early birth of my daughter who was born at 32 weeks. Between us we spent 7 weeks in hosptial. 

I had a few panic attacks and lot of anxiety. I developed floaters and became obsessed with my vision. I constantly checked it and googled floaters and came across vs. I then started noticing it and it has become worse since. I also have a lot of the other symptoms to go along with it.

i honestly feel like it's ruined my life. I should be enjoying my baby who's 5months 3months adjusted. 
I was hypnotised on Monday for post trauma and I think it rrally
has helped that. I go again tomorrow and hopefully can get help with the eyes, brain and anxiety. 
Im so glad that you have gone through hypno and can relate to what I'm going through. It consumes my every waking thought and also in my dreams. It's like I'm sick in the head. 

I think they mostly all
have anxiety too. I'm hoping that this helps me out because I'm a mess and need to care for my baby. I've also been a hassle to my husband and mum. 

Is is there anything particular my hypnotherapist should do ? 

Thankyou 

Urtheanswer

07 Jul 2016, 04:53 #5

Im sorry to hear your troubles, but im glad to know that youre in good hands and are on the right path to feeling better.

As for what your hyponotherapist should get into.. Im sorry, but I have no idea. But, im positive they do.

Every time i go to see my counselor I am asked what i would like to get out of the session. Its hard for me to tell him a complete and hard answer although i come out feeling miles better than when i entered.

Your counselor will taylor it towards you as they should.

Reneeharry

07 Jul 2016, 05:40 #6

So do you think the hypnotherapy has worked? Do you notice the visual snow daily ? 

I hope she knows what she's doing because I really can't live like this. I'm very close to going to the doctor and going on medication but I'm so scared to do that. 

Im hoping hypnotherapy is my answer to getting better, it has to be.   

Im from Australia what country are you from 

Urtheanswer

07 Jul 2016, 19:06 #7

I am from the US.

I definitely have it daily, constant for a few years.

But, it is getting much better. AND I am feeling better.

Hypnotherapy is a part of psychotherapy. As soon as you start feelinf better, happier, more peaceful, your better vision will be soon to follow.

ivan kons
Regular Visitor

07 Jul 2016, 20:19 #8

What color is your visual snow ? Is it the classi black and white or just white or multi color ?

2fries
Regular Visitor

08 Jul 2016, 02:21 #9

I was not born with conversion disorder and/or Somatization and I've never seen any other way.

You are barking up the wrong tree.

Urtheanswer

08 Jul 2016, 13:50 #10

Trying to discredit my success, after years of agony, on a forum trying to help, is bitter and asinine. (And by the way, many childred have been born with anxiety and conversion disorder. Conversion disorder is found in many, many childred. And, might I add, is treated effectively.)

I see you have been a member since 09, and begrudgingly still suffering from the same symptoms. Perhaps you should not try to discredit someone else's success and be less apprehensive that you too can be helped. Discrediting something before you try it may be part of the reason you unfortunately still suffer today.

I see you are an "Administrator," which makes your comments all the worse. 

People here are looking for answers and comfort, while you dismiss any that arise. This has helped me, don't write off science and put thoughts into othe members heads before they have a chance for this to help them as well. You very well can steer someone away from being vs free.

To the members of this forum who are good hearted, and are being consumed by your symptoms on a daily basis, please, look into conquering your anxieties. Psychotherapy and hypnosis is a great way to do so. At the very least, the very least, it will help you leave a peaceful life. Unconsumed by your symptoms. 

I have been in a living hell for the last few years. For the last couple months, I have been much, much better. My vs is much less noticeable, after images are nearly extinct. My blue field entopic is gone. Other physical symptoms have left my consciousness. And, I am not consumed by any symptoms that may still linger at a fraction of the intensity they used to.

I thought this was a forum to help people, provide comfort, and success stories. Please, stay of my thread Mr Negative Administrator. 

Last edited by Urtheanswer on 08 Jul 2016, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.