Pot smoking

For general information and discussion.
JMR2012

10 Dec 2011, 21:42 #1

Just wondering if anyone here smokes pot, and if so, how often?  What are the effects on your VS?  Different effects from just getting a little high versus getting ripped out of your gourd?  Different effects with frequency of use?  Say, smoking a hit or two every day versus smoking half a joint on weekends.  Does it make VS worse, do nothing to it, or simply make you more anxious and aware of the VS?  I have recently started smoking out of my one-hitter every day in the evenings.  Usually only 1 hit, sometimes 2 or 3.  It's been about 2 or 3 weeks of smoking after only smoking on weekends for quite a while.  I did two week - 1 month stretches of not smoking at all.  Took a month off after a "manic episode" of Bipolar.  I find that I notice my VS more when I'm high, but I also notice everything else a little "more."  Just wondering how it effects everyone else.  Sorry for long post!

Zythros
Regular Visitor

11 Dec 2011, 02:36 #2

Just makes the VS a little worse just don't think about it, every once in a while it will look like crazy VS but thats usually just cuz its pitch black outside and its pretty crazy really even when im not tokin at night. n im talking about milking the shit out of a bong, never had any problems. Oh and it'll likely be a lil worse in the morning but it will go away

balance
Regular Visitor

11 Dec 2011, 10:10 #3

I tried to smoke to see if it would help (silly idea, not sure why I even thought it would, desperation I guess) over a year ago, I had an extremely bad panic attack and nearly called an ambulance. I think the THC is what will exacerbate symptoms, CBD (cannabidiol) has so many medicinal properties (proven) and I think we could benefit from this substance (I'll explain a bit more later when I'm not feeling so neurotic and depressed, as to why I think we could benefit from this) I wish I was in the USA with a medical marijuana card (not to get high, CBD can't get you high anyway)
Symptoms, most intense to least. (there are other symptoms, but these are the main)
1. Anxiety 2. Insomnia 3. Depersonalization/Derelization 4. Palinopsia 5. Visual snow 6. Tinitus 7. Floaters 8. Bouts of depression.

Byron
Regular Visitor

11 Dec 2011, 11:41 #4

In my experience

Cannabis can be a useful tool for exploring VS in a little bit more depth than is usually available to me in regular waking consciousness.

Simply because cannabis is a mild hallucinogen which causes VS to increase to a level that is more palpable and pliable.

All I am talking about is getting stoned and laying or sitting down, closing your eyes and focussing on the cannabis enhanced visuals, playing around with stretching, morphing colouration and flow etc. Just playing with VS in general. 

edit:
Of course one can have these kinds of experiences of VS without the cannabis or other drugs  but here cannabis can act as a catalyst by lowing the effort needed on my part to see the visuals at more palpable and pliable levels. I think it was having these kinds of VS experiences as a child (without drugs) that allowed me to build a positive and useful relationship with VS.

Also

I think a single powerful hallucinogenic experience with cannabis may in some very rare cases cause VS/HPPD in some predisposed individuals. I mean relatively rare compared with powerful hallucinogens like LSD, psilocybin etc.

hi balance

sorry to hear your not feeling the best atm

I know about CBD being antipsychotic/anxiolytic and I think it would be nice for a lot of us as well (better than benzo and anti depressants anyway) if they are effective. Would be good to hear what you have been thinking about this stuff.
Last edited by Byron on 11 Dec 2011, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.

balance
Regular Visitor

11 Dec 2011, 23:24 #5

Byron wrote:In my experience

Cannabis can be a useful tool for exploring VS in a little bit more depth than is usually available to me in regular waking consciousness.

Simply because cannabis is a mild hallucinogen which causes VS to increase to a level that is more palpable and pliable.

All I am talking about is getting stoned and laying or sitting down, closing your eyes and focussing on the cannabis enhanced visuals, playing around with stretching, morphing colouration and flow etc. Just playing with VS in general. 

edit:
Of course one can have these kinds of experiences of VS without the cannabis or other drugs  but here cannabis can act as a catalyst by lowing the effort needed on my part to see the visuals at more palpable and pliable levels. I think it was having these kinds of VS experiences as a child (without drugs) that allowed me to build a positive and useful relationship with VS.

Also

I think a single powerful hallucinogenic experience with cannabis may in some very rare cases cause VS/HPPD in some predisposed individuals. I mean relatively rare compared with powerful hallucinogens like LSD, psilocybin etc.

hi balance

sorry to hear your not feeling the best atm

I know about CBD being antipsychotic/anxiolytic and I think it would be nice for a lot of us as well (better than benzo and anti depressants anyway) if they are effective. Would be good to hear what you have been thinking about this stuff.
I agree that Cannabis can be a good tool to explore this condition, but those with anxiety I would not suggest to do such things, only from my expiriences anyway.
At the moment I'm concerntrating on some other stuff, so I'm a bit busy. I will make a new thread at some point in regards to CBD soon. It's a very interesting compound.
Symptoms, most intense to least. (there are other symptoms, but these are the main)
1. Anxiety 2. Insomnia 3. Depersonalization/Derelization 4. Palinopsia 5. Visual snow 6. Tinitus 7. Floaters 8. Bouts of depression.

MRX

12 Dec 2011, 02:24 #6

I developed my vs, from smoking pot on one occasion. It made me paranoid, I basically had a panic attack. Woke up the next morning, experienced the depersonalization and visual snow. This was 12 years ago not not much has change, I would not do it if you are prone to stress. It also amazes me that the vs syndrome is developed from a number of ways... I thought that I just did serious damage from stressing out so bad, but I have learned that some people are born with it, there must be a link to this somewhere. Its all the same

Avichai
Regular Visitor

17 Dec 2011, 13:22 #7

I seldom smoke pot, on average half a spliff once a year. I did get extremely stoned on one or two occasions, even mixed it with snorted speed at one point, never noticed a difference to my VS though, then again maybe I just wasn't paying too much attention to it at the time.