Palinopsia without VS, any meds?

For general information and discussion.
palinopsia20

16 Mar 2012, 16:24 #1

Hey guys,
ive been haveing bad trails and afterimages for about 4 weeks now without visual snow.
According to "bootham" propanolol has helped him with his afterimages and trails.
I need to say that i dont have visual snow, only bad afterimages and trails.
I wanted to get a prescription for propanolol but my doc didnt want me to give it.
I wanted to ask, if there is anybody else besides me who has palinopsia without vs, and if there is any med which helps.
Sorry for my English, but i havent talked English since im out of school a year ago. I speak german and polish. ^^

user
Regular Visitor

16 Mar 2012, 16:41 #2

Maybe try Sibelium (Flunarizine) - apparently it's something Dr. Goadsby sometimes recommends.
http://thosewithvisualsnow.yuku.com/topic/6897
http://thosewithvisualsno...d-my-culprit#reply-50086
http://thosewithvisualsno...dication-stopped-working
http://thosewithvisualsno...e-the-cause-#reply-30944
http://thosewithvisualsno...k-this-board-#reply-4657
If you do try this, or anything else, please let us know how you get on.

palinopsia20

16 Mar 2012, 17:22 #3

Problem is. My doc wont prescribe it. Today ive been to the neurologist. He just asked me some question but didnt make any EEG test Image

Do anyone of you have bad afterimages/trails but no visual snow?

laura87
Regular Visitor

16 Mar 2012, 18:02 #4

My first visual was the trails and then the after images that I had for about a month before the rest started. Not to scare you but you may develop other symptoms in due course. Mine has got more and more every month for the last 4 months.

palinopsia20

16 Mar 2012, 18:36 #5

Well im not scared at all. Because ive been having afterimages/trails for 3 years.
As far as i remember i had some visual problems (I think i had very light visual snow. ). i had it several years and then once when i was ill (had high temperature), i took some antiobiotics and went to bed.
When i got up i noticed that my visual seeing was much better than it was (i saw everything clearly).
This was 3 years ago.
Nevertheless after my temperature was gone, i started to see trails and afterimages, especially when i was watching tv in the evening. Somehow i was reliefed because my visual field was clear. During these 3 years i feared to look after my symptoms in the internet or go to the doctor.
But since it got worse 4 weeks ago i started to do some reasearch on the internet and found out that my symptoms match with palinopsia. Image
And now im looking for some medication which might help :S

chrissyfwb
Regular Visitor

17 Mar 2012, 00:54 #6

I have Palinopsia and do not have VS. I also am on propranolol.. I take 40 mg a day. I have noticed no difference in the trails and afterimages except for them getting worse but I think that's just because it always gets worse.

Do you have any other visual symptoms? Or any other physical symptoms?
1. Chronic Costochondritis
2. Intermittent Visual Snow
3. Intermittent Tinnitus
4. Blue Field
6. Intermittent Vortex (only seen outside in bright light)
7. Bright spots
8. Bright small flickering in central vision
9. Pulse in vision
10. muscle twitching
11. Stomach problems
12. Back/Neck/Jaw pain
13. Hundreds of small cell like floaters

palinopsia20

17 Mar 2012, 12:04 #7

i also see floaters since im 11. but i got used to them. ^^
besides i only got bad trails and afterimages on every thing i look at for 4 weeks. :S

palinopsia20

18 Mar 2012, 01:34 #8

chrissyfwb wrote:I have Palinopsia and do not have VS. I also am on propranolol.. I take 40 mg a day. I have noticed no difference in the trails and afterimages except for them getting worse but I think that's just because it always gets worse.

Do you have any other visual symptoms? Or any other physical symptoms?
Is there no medication which might help with the trails/afterimages? They became annoying Image

chrissyfwb
Regular Visitor

18 Mar 2012, 01:36 #9

None that I have found. But I don't experiment with medication. I am only on the propranolol because of a high heart rate
1. Chronic Costochondritis
2. Intermittent Visual Snow
3. Intermittent Tinnitus
4. Blue Field
6. Intermittent Vortex (only seen outside in bright light)
7. Bright spots
8. Bright small flickering in central vision
9. Pulse in vision
10. muscle twitching
11. Stomach problems
12. Back/Neck/Jaw pain
13. Hundreds of small cell like floaters

palinopsia20

18 Mar 2012, 01:39 #10

Ive been to a neurologist yesterday but he had no clue so i think ill have to change my doc.
Hmm and is there any chance that palinopsia is known among neurologists?
I wonder why my trails/afterimages didnt get worse during the last three years. Suddenly got worse Image
Do you suffer from migraine?