My symptoms have dissipated.

For general information and discussion.
Urtheanswer

30 Apr 2016, 01:24 #1

Hi.
First off a little about me. I have been suffering from anxiety attacks for 10 years, off and on. A few years ago, I had 3 attacks a day, every day, for a year.

I started prozac, which I had success with in the past - but this time had a bunch of side effects.

I then started zoloft - anxiety gone. Visual snow started soon after.

I eventually stopped zoloft, and thought my anxiety and stress was better. After all, less panic attacks, must mean less stress. My visual snow continued. Doctors didn't know what it was, and I don't really think they even  - knew what I was talking about when it came to visual snow. Not long after I started getting bad tracers (palinopsia- 24hrs a day) and bad blue field entopic phen.

This has lasted over 2 years now. I have an enormous amount of stress in my life, even though I just recently realized it. (No, not everyone is dealing with large amounts of stress, it's not healthy, we need to work through it and find ways get over it.)

My sleeping habits are terrible. 4 to 5 hours a night, wake up with heart racing, can't sleep in, always exhausted, no energy, among the NUMEROUS other DAILY symptoms.

I started talking to a counselor, which seemed to help. Talking to someone you can trust and doesn't think youre weird, and believes you, and can explain your symptoms, was very helpful to me.

He has saved my life. He recommended I do some positive imagery meditation, and possibly hypnosis for my anxiety. He suggested all my symptoms are from anxiety. (which I know they are, whenever I feel any pain, or strange sensation, I get anxiety.)

I was beyond hesitant to go through the meditations and hypnosis with him. I am a realist in my own mind, and didn't think any of it works.....IT DOES.. Your subconcious mind is constantly working. I was never hypnotised, but he has done some guided meditation with me, which helped big time. I also have been doing some via onine youtube videos, which have helped TREMENDOUSLY. Look into it, read up on it. All you do is relax, let your mind do whatever it wants, don't try to control it. DO IT NOW. Also, utilize your deep breathing techniques.

I immediately was calm, relaxed, tired, and not anxious. A feeling I haven't felt in years. I started weeping when I first felt it. I am no longer in a hurry to do EVERYTHING. (Oh I gotta pee, but I don't want to, I'll hurry as fast as I can to the toilet, push it out, and run back to the couch, or whatever else it is I"m doing.) Thats just one example, but how I live my life in every situation prior to this. Constantly in a hurry, mind racing, running around. To feel calm, with a quiet mind has been awesome.

Before my counselor, I started noticing that I "thought" my vision was slightly better after drinking a couple drinks of energy drink. Sounds dumb, so I blew it off.

This happened a few times, but I never paid any attention to it, and went about my anxious normal self.

Then, a week ago, I started to drink another energy while on lunch, and noticed my blue field entopic phen was drastically reduced. WTF? why? I'm stoked! I called my girlfriend (who is out of town, which couuld be another reason I am less stressed), and was extatic. She was happy for me, as she knows it consumes every waking moment.

I have continued to drink it, do my meditations, and be less anxious and calm. My blue field is nearly gone, my VS is getting drastically better daily, although my palinopsia is still there. But, I feel great about it!

So what is the cure? The B vitamins in the energy drink? The meditations and guided positive imagery? The stimulants in the energy drink? Less stress? All of the above?

I'm not sure. But I am going to cut off the energy drink and go with a vitamin b12 complex, as those are the main ingrediants besides the stimulants.

I have never been happier. You can do it too. Start off with the guided meditation and look into your vitamin b levels. My b12 was low but I am not sure about the others.

Also, I googled energy drink and VS a couple days after, and noticed someone else had the same experience as me. On this forum I believe.

Last edited by Urtheanswer on 03 May 2016, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

2fries
Regular Visitor

02 May 2016, 05:33 #2

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

You might want to change the spelling of your title to "My symptoms have dissipated" so that folks other than myself will click on it.

...also, how can you be sure that they are symptoms?

Urtheanswer

03 May 2016, 15:06 #3

Thank you.

I can assume these are symptoms of anxiety, stress, lack of sleep, and possibble vitamin deficiency because these are the only things I have been diagnosed with.

I have been to 5 neurologists, had every mri (with and without contrast, cat scan, ekg, ecg, sleep study, etc.)

One thing I have noticed is the overehelmingly large majority of people with visual snow and other visual disturbances is anxiety, stress, and depression. To not believe that this could be a major player in vs, in my opinion, is asinine.

Lack of vitamin b complex also leads to depression and anxiety. There have been numerous studies, mayo clinic also gives it an A rating when correlating deficiency with neurological and visual symptoms. If you grt tested and are at the low end but not deficient, you are in fact deficient. Every other countrys levels are much different than us standards. Try it, what have you to lose besides your anxiety, stress, and vs?

If you can get your stress and anxiety down, in any way you can (these steps worked for me) you will see improvemt. And I'm not talking about just ignoring, Im experiencing actual improvement of my visual disturbances.

Desswarrior
Regular Visitor

03 May 2016, 22:20 #4

Going to a therapist for visual snow I can only believe bus anxiety because I caused it myself (I looked for it) Hoping to at least stabilize. Glad to see your improvements!

2fries
Regular Visitor

04 May 2016, 04:25 #5

^That was almost a sentence...

"One thing I have noticed is the overwhelmingly large majority of people with visual snow and other visual disturbances is anxiety, stress, and depression. To not believe that this could be a major player in vs, in my opinion, is asinine."

On this point I must beg to differ.
The lack of answers concerning this condition "causes" a majority of the anxiety and depression.

...asinine would appear to be relative to the observer.

Urtheanswer

04 May 2016, 16:05 #6

Your subconcious mind is constantly in action. I used to think that i only was anxious after the physical symptoms hit as well. But i have learned this is not true.

You get so used to being anxious, you dont realize it. But your mind and body react accordingly.