deleted post

Everything else goes here.
apeks

05 Feb 2015, 03:02 #1

So I take the time to write out my experience and opinion on what has helped and it has been deleted?

Any reason?

2fries
Regular Visitor

05 Feb 2015, 15:58 #2

Welcome, that is a very good question.

I remember reading your post and it was very well written and concise. I have certainly not deleted it.

In the admin log it still shows as an existing topic, and on your profile page it still appears as a posting of yours on this site.

Weird. Even if 'you' deleted your own posting it should show up on the log. Either it is a temporary glitch or we've been hacked.
If it does not magically reappear by the time I get off work I will try to find a copy of it in the wayback machine so you don't have to rewrite all of that. It looked like you put a bit of time into it.

apeks

05 Feb 2015, 23:55 #3

Hi 2fries, Well I definitely don't think I deleted it.
If you could either copy it back to this forum or to the what helped section that would be appreciated.

I don't have it saved anywhere and I'd like to keep it as a record of progress.

Best,

Apeks

2fries
Regular Visitor

06 Feb 2015, 00:34 #4

Ok, it's back. It's in 'things that have helped' section.
No idea what happened to it. One minute it was a 404 file-not-found... and the next minute it was back.

The wayback machine was no use by the way, the last save is from 2013.

Cheers.

PleaseFindACure
Regular Visitor

06 Feb 2015, 02:30 #5

While this subject has been brought up, I've noticed several posts that seem to have been moved to the "off topic" subforum, despite not appearing to be off topic. Was this also a glitch or did you move them there?

2fries
Regular Visitor

07 Feb 2015, 02:03 #6

Which Off Topics do you think belong in General Discussion?

Unless there is an objection this posting will expire soon, as it is no longer an issue. 
Last edited by 2fries on 07 Feb 2015, 04:09, edited 1 time in total.

PleaseFindACure
Regular Visitor

07 Feb 2015, 19:07 #7

The first five posts in the Off Topic subforum, which, if I'm not mistaken were moved to the Off Topic forum very recently were more suited to the General Discussion forum where they were originally posted.

By saying this posting will "expire soon" I assume you're telling us you're going to delete this post so I'll go ahead and make some screencaps. If you think your position as Admin here is guaranteed to be permanent you're sadly mistaken as I've already been in contact with another Admin here about you when you harassed people for talking about medications. This latest incident of you arbitrarily moving posts you don't like to the off topic forum may well be the final straw.

2fries
Regular Visitor

07 Feb 2015, 21:08 #8

I see.

You would like this non-topic to remain then?

Should it stay in General Discussion, or since it is not relevant to visual snow, should it be moved to off-topic?

PleaseFindACure
Regular Visitor

07 Feb 2015, 22:53 #9

What I would like is for you to address why you've moved five posts to the off topic subforum for no apparent reason.

Have you decided on some new set of rules about what posts you'll allow in general discussion? If so, then these rules need to be stated in general discussion in order to minimize the confusion it's causing.

I can see no other reason for your moving the "Visual snow worsening daily - please help" post to off topic other than you not liking the post because it goes against your "visual snow is a good thing" mantra, and I can see no reason at all for the other posts being moved.

2fries
Regular Visitor

07 Feb 2015, 23:14 #10

I don't think visual snow is 'good' or 'bad'... it just 'is', and people claiming to be functional with it have been targeted on this site.

I didn't just move five posts to the off topic forum.
I moved links to the links section.
I moved things that have helped to the section set up for things that have helped.
I moved poll topics to the poll section.
etc...

I just generally cleaned the place up a bit to make navigating the information easier. It had nothing to do with my preferences and since General Discussion is not the home page... one category is as easy to click on as the next.

Perhaps we can add; Calls For Support, and Pharmaceutical Discussion sections.
That would make it simpler yet for users to categorize their postings.