6 monts in

For general information and discussion.
randomrace

19 Jul 2011, 15:54 #1

Thought I would come by and drop few lines.
I had VS since Feb, had sherlies and floaters before but VS, starbursts, halos and AI's came in Feb. It was all very depressing of course and naturally I had been on MRI's MRA's exc. all kinds of blood tests too. Everything came back normal, luckily.
I noticed few new members on here, and I'm posting this massage on to shed bit of positive light in on this, and maybe and advice. This forum is certainly good for your to fast forward in to whats to come and get some facts in, but that's all there is. Its good to stay away, otherwise this will be a culprit of your anxiety and depression coming back here.
Take care.

2fries
Regular Visitor

21 Jul 2011, 05:33 #2

21stlvlrogue wrote: The forum is the culprit of depression and anxiety? Why, that is pure poppycock my boy. The depression and anxiety come from the visual disturbance itself. If anything this forum decreases those feelings.
Nonsense!
Please do not state your conjectures as fact without any proof to back them up. 
There are plenty of others who share our visual abnormalities without suffering from anxiety or depression issues.  You may attribute your own anxiety to the changes in the way you now perceive reality but passing that shit off to newcomers is not cool.

randomrace

21 Jul 2011, 06:35 #3

So you react to my post like this and then you wonder?

I feel sorry for you, did this problem really got the best of you? Sometimes it seems this board is all you got left. I dont want to take that away from you, it obviously helps you to get over yours, right? Or? 

My massage to new people is clear, the forum helps yes, to some extent only however. There is lot of unnecessary negativity here, and negative attacks which add to anxiety and panic, so like I said, its important to find a fine line, of your visits here. I wish I could help you, and my self and everyone on this board. But, so far we dont have an answer, is this why we should turn knifes against each other? Look at memmy there is a huge initiative from her side, yes lets come here for facts like that, this project has huge potential and gives us hope, what does this negativity give us and constant attacks?  

Last edited by randomrace on 21 Jul 2011, 07:08, edited 4 times in total.

randomrace

21 Jul 2011, 07:35 #4

Ahh, I dont think it will make much more sense to continue this discussion, if I was to be honest judging by you reply.

Try Omega 3, if you didt yet, it helps with ear creaking.

Byron
Regular Visitor

21 Jul 2011, 12:00 #5

We do have a problem with hypochondria breeding hypochondria here.

I suppose that is to be expected.

I think it has gotten a lot better lately because some of the more experienced members have been making more posts reassuring the newer to VS members who are having a hard time coping. I think there are more members who are coping with VS now and it is good that they stick around and offer advice and reassurance to VS noobs.

spleenharvester
Regular Visitor

22 Jul 2011, 00:27 #6

Left here for a bit back when the VS bothered me. Now I find it interesting. This is one of the few places for me containing sane people lol.
Also, wth is with the wrapping on this forum? always seems to cut mine half way through the page. See above.
Visual Snow / Floaters and Floater Soup / Generalised Fatigue / Near to Complete Nightblindness / Vortex In Intense Light / Blue Entopic / Blue Halos Tinnitus
Officially Dx'd with: Asthma, Vasovagal Syncope Syndrome, Chronic Costochondritis, Pectus Excavatum

needhelp
Regular Visitor

27 Jul 2011, 02:12 #7

spleenharvester wrote:Left here for a bit back when the VS bothered me. Now I find it interesting. This is one of the few places for me containing sane people lol.
Also, wth is with the wrapping on this forum? always seems to cut mine half way through the page. See above.
hey spleen - can you describe your night blindness?  i would like to compare notes.  start a new thread or PM me.

My symptoms:
1. visual snow 2. palinopsia/afterimages/immediate burn-in both positive and negative 3. trailers 4. blue field entropic phenomena 5. halos around lights 6. constant phosphenes 7. cell-like floaters 8. flickering in peripheral vision/purple balls of light 9. things look "washed out" 10. tinnitus 11. crunchy sounds in ears when I swallow 12. problems going from bright to dim environments/blobs of white light that gradually disappear.
Gradual onset, steadily progressive